Why am I unable to download files?
I am having problems downloading powerpoint files and word files. When I go to download the file, it saves it as a "application/octet-stream" which I am unable to do anything with. It only started after I upgraded to Firefox 5. I have asked this question numerous times on this forum over the past few weeks and have not gotten a reply. I have been using firefox for years and have not had this problem until the 5 update. Please help.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
updated to 5
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.119
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
The files I am having trouble with have .ppt and .doc
If you are comfortable with editing the Windows registry then you can try to do a search for the .ppt file extension in the MIME Database registry key.
How do I do that?
Brother try this site.... sure you will find a solution... just now i tried, and now its working properly