I have updated to version 6 twice, I am using Windows XP, yet every time it states I am not updated, my browser looks like the old one? How can I get this fixed to look like the new browser version?
I still have all the menu options at top... (ex:File, Edit, View...ect) Looks like old version, Under Help it says version 6, yet when I open it, it states I am not updated..
I would like to get the new version, please help! Thanks, Kristal
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to update to latest version 6
- 3DVIA player(184.108.40.206). For more information, visit the 3DVIA player web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Unity Player 3.1.0f4
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Tried to install new update 3 times, restarted firefox and computer several times..
are you doing the update with admin privileges?
has caused quiet update failures for me in the past...