How can I get Netflix instant watch working in Firefox 6.0?
Recently updated to Firefox 6 and Netflix instant watch won't work ... I re-installed silverlight but that didn't help. I can't find a way to rollback to Firefox 5.0, how can i fix this issue?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Windows XP64, Firefox 6.0 Silverlight 4.0.60531.0
The problem with Netflix streaming with the FireFox 6.0 version is that the Netflix service refuses version 6.0 because they are A) unwilling to license it or B) too lazy or stupid to add the new version to their User Agent acceptance scheme. C) under contract to MICROSOFT to use Silverlight and part of Silverlight's DRM is what Browser versions are acceptable and Microsoft is taking their sweet time updating Silverlight to push I.E. on people and if you have Beta 5 Silverlight forget that -------Until Netflix accepts Firefox 6.0 as a legitimate Netflix browser you may do what I have done to get Firefox 6.0 streaming at Netflix.
1) Open Firefox 6.0 and enter "www.whatsmyua.com" without quotations in the address bar and highlight and copy your present User Agent string from the top of that page when you get there.
2) Type "ABOUT:CONFIG" without quotations in the Firefox address bar and hit enter then answer the You might destroy the world question with Alright I'm ready.
3) Right click on the background of the Config screen and then highlight to click on the "New String" choice... When the box comes up enter "general.useragent.override" without quotations and hit return
4) When another box appears paste in your current User Agent string you copied in step 1) BEFORE hitting enter place your cursor on your paste and right arrow to the end of the line. EDIT/REPLACE "6.0" with "5.0.1" without the quotations. Enter your change and close out the Config page.
5) Repeat step 1) to make sure the User Agent string is now spoofing your browser as version 5.0.1
6) Go to Netflix and watch movies (Make sure Silverlight and the Firefox Java are on). If it was working before the upgrade, everything should now work again streaming Netflix with Firefox 6.0.
7) Call Netflix and tell them Dave sent you to see if they're stupid or just lazy and to quit spreading the B.S. that Firefox 6.0 ain't workin when we know it's Netflix (1-866-636-3076)