New Firefox 6.0 will not install, says "close Firefox" when not open
I'm trying to install Firefox 6.0. It will not run and keeps telling me to "close Firefox" even though I do not have it running. Does it see itself running? Is there a glitch?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to upgrade
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.0.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Check in your task manager to make sure the process ended. Otherwise were going to make a new profile.
I tried that, it's not running.
Must be the "hang at exit" problem.
- Stop the Firefox process:
- Why Firefox may hang:
- Use Firefox Safe Mode to find a problem with an Extension or Plugin:
- Don't check anything when entering Safe Mode, just continue
- If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode it is probably and Extension or Plugin causing the problem
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You need to update some plug-ins:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser