The new Firefox 6.0 has shut down my AVG AV security feature
August 16, 2011
The new Firefox 6.0 has shut down an important AVG anti-virus feature that I.D.'s safe websites. It's AVG's "Page Status" icon.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Today, Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - after the Firefox 6.0 download
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Firefox already provides similar features, see
- How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure?
- Security and passwords settings
I do not know for certain but I doubt Firefox's changes will affect the AVG security functions as far as AV (Anti Virus) functions are concerned, that should continue to work.