how verify authenticity of firefox 6 being offered now? I'm a paranoid newbie.
My screen offers a download of Firefox 6. I'm a paranoid newbie. How do I verify Authenticity of offer?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Firefox 6 is being released now. Whatever security software you already have should scan any update If you update by clicking on the option Help -> About Firefox -> check for updates or have already set firefox for automatic updates; then as long as your sytem is not already badly compromised, then the update should be genuine.
Firefox 6.0/3.6.20, Thunderbird 6.0 and SeaMonkey 2.3 was released today.
You can find the checksums here: