Why does Firefox keep on opening new tabs when I log in to my Facebook account? It only stops when I cancel 4 or 5 tabs already opened.
I just opened my Facebook account today. It happened again i.e. several window tabs opened showing the same first page of my opened Facebook account. This is very annoying.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- BitCometAgent v1.27 for Firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I tried to remove Facebook and Yahoo tool bars including removing my Adaware. I used malwarebytes anti-malware and Avira anti-virus including Spybot.
No change it still opens several pages when I open my Facebook account at Firefox. But when the same FB account is accessed at Google its normal no annoying opening of webpages.
This issue is probably caused by the Facebook Toolbar 1.7.3 extension
why does firefox keep on opening new tabs when I log into my facebook account and i can't exit or cancel on this tab. my opened account will disapper and replaced of this tab name COMPLETE ( xmasstshirt blog ).
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked