How to configure Firefox with Internet Download Manager and/or to set Internet Download Manager be automatically be the one to download instead of the browser builtin downloader?
How can I download from Firefox browser using Internet Download Manager without using any special keys when I tick out download?
Additional System Details
- Winamp Application Detector
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
I am using special keys to prevent and/or to force when downloading from Firefox browser with Internet Download Manager, that is been set from the option of the Internet Download Manager.
As per the documentation given in Internet Download Manager's site, you do not need to press any special keys to use it with Firefox (see here: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/features.html).
Check this FAQ for more information on integration with Firefox: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/bi_main.cgi?br=Firefox
For further clarifications, you should contact them: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/main.cgi
Sorry, but I am compel to response to you blatant, that you din't get my point: "How to configure Firefox with Internet Download Manager and/or to set Internet Download Manager be automatically be the one to download instead of the browser built-in downloader?" Actually I've been there long before on all sites you are mentioning and they informed me that they are working for it and advice to use the special keys to preven and/or force to download and/or even by drag and drop in order to download using IDM. That's why I am trying to figure out how if there's any to disable the built-in downloader of the Firefox 6.0 in particular so that when just simlpy clicking in on the object to be downloaded it will work like the older Firefox and its counterpart the newest IE9 without any hassle of configuring IDM. Thanks anyway.
OK, now I understand. If you had mentioned that you are already in contact with the IDM support, it would have helped me understand you earlier. Anyway, the browser integration has to be done from IDM side, so I would suggest that you continue to talk to their support.