Can I disable the URL tooltip that pops up on the bottom of the screen?
Title says it all: I want to disable the url tooltip that appears when hovering over a link. How can I do this?
Additional System Details
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
Firefox 5.01 Mac
You can use this extension to hide that pop-up:
See the screenshot for Status-4-Evar Preferences. You will want to set Links to None, and probably set Status Text to None, too.