I use Firefox 5.0, and when i write url : www.kitco.com, the brower is not go to www.kitco.com but the url change to :http:// jardiknas.kemdiknas.go.id /?url=http://www.kitco.com ,why does it happen ? is it a virus / malware ? but when i used Chromed, it works properly. And when i used firefox with option "Start private browsing" , it works properly. Please help me, it's very annoying.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about 2 weeks ago
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Troubleshooting extensions and themes
Clear Cookies & Cache
Check and tell if its working.
My problem has been solved ,My Step : 1.Restart with Adds-On Disabled 2.Clear History and cache 3.Restart My Computer
But i am still wondering, which adds-on do this "redirect url" ,do you have any idea ?
Test for Faulty extensions
Check and tell if you catch the culprit.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and Sign-in to the forum with your Username and Password:
click on "Solved It" Next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your question
DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply