I cannot get through to my yahoo mail - can log in but receive an error msg
As above, I receive the following message when I try to login to yahoo mail. This has been a problem ever since downloading some awful program called Babylon, which was claiming to give me a TV programme download I was after. I have cleared recent cookies and history, as well as deleting it and other programs from the hard drive.
"Not Found The requested URL /dc/launch was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch Server at uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com Port 80"
Grateful for any help.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
I have exactly the same problem
I found that Babylon had changed the proxy setting. Try going to Tools/Options/Advanced/Network/Settings and select "No proxy". This has helped but things are still slow and I suspect that some other changes have been made to the Firefox settings.
Installing unauthorised software on your PC should be made illegal. I will avoid Babylon forever so they have done themselves no favours by trying to be smart!