How do I turn Firefox off
I am trying to download Adobe Flashplayer and it is asking me to turn Firewall off. How do I do this please
Valerie Forshaw 00 44 1903 211090
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Do you really mean the firewall or do you mean to close Firefox: File > Exit Firefox ?
Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows:
My question is quite clear. Adobe is asking me to close Firewall - thats all I know.
Anyway Adobe now seems to have downloaded BUT I would still like to know the answer to my question
Configuring Windows Firewall
Check and tell if its working.
"How do I turn Firefox off"
then you said
"... Adobe Flashplayer ... is asking me to turn Firewall off."
Clear as mud on a windscreen.
The Adobe Flash installer says to close Firefox, it says nothing about a firewall.
File > Exit or orange Firefox button > Exit - then wait a minute or so before running the Flash installer