Firefox always re-opens full screen, regardless of previous state.
Firefox always re-opens full screen, regardless of previous state. VERY annoying on a wide screen monitor. How do I fix this?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
27th July 2011
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I can't recall a similar complaint about Full Screen in the 4 months since Firefox 4.0 was released, and 5.0 is a security update for 4.0.
What cor-el said.
Modified by AliceWyman
Had this problem myself today but solved it quite differently:
- Right click Firefox icon and choose Properties
- Go to Compatibility tab
- Click Use resolution 640x480 pixels
- Ok and start Firefox
- Firefox will now start (very lowres), but you should be able to change the size of the window.
- Close Firefox and uncheck the 640x480 thingy
- Start Firefox again and now all should be fine.
Modified by linemapper