F5 Networks Host plugin (needed for work) not supported in v5.
Tried to get onto work's VPN site. Couldn't because Firefox V5 doesn't support the required F5 Networks Host plugin.
Installed 3.6.19 in a new and separate folder hoping to run both - one v5 installation and one 3.6 installation I could use for work. However 3.6.19 managed to find the V5 install folder and overwrote itself there as well as in the new dedicated folder. Then I tried to leave feedback but you can't leave feedback without Release 5!
I am not going to install 5 all over again just to send feedback and then have to rollback to 3.6.19 again so I am sending this as a support message instead for you to log!!!
Please do not retire 3.6.19 until 5 supports this plug.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110707 Firefox/3.6.19
Sorry, is is up to F5 Networks to keep their plugin compatible with Firefox. If that plugin was hosted at the official Mozilla add-ons website, it would be tested for compatibility before a new version of Firefox is released; if it works it is marked as compatible, if not the developer of the add-on would be contacted by email that a compatibility issue was found.
Add-ons hosted elsewhere are on their own.