Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading
I have clicked on "allow" at least 15 times but Firefox "prevented this page from automatically reloading." I need some help to resolve this. It is happening onmost sites after i completely cleared history.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
after clearing history
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
The setting in "Tools > Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.
You're an absolute genius. THANK YOU!!!
Very helpful, thanks.
Thanks it was so simple in the end, I looked everywhere.
So the reply marked "helpful" by 20 of 24 respondents only stops the message displaying. It does not keep Firefox from preventing the page from automatically reloading. I am interested in specifying a list of pages that I want to *allow to reload.* How can I do this?