Some Lion OSX swipe features don't work in Firefox 5
I just upgraded to Lion OSX and when using Firefox 5 I can no longer use swipe commands on the trackpad to move backward and forward between web pages. I opened Safari and these features work fine. Prior to upgrading to Lion, all of these features worked in Firefox 5.
Additional System Details
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
Firefox developers should be well aware of these; and similar problems with supporting some of the Lion OSX. There are some possible work-arounds. I am not sure what if any progress the developers are making. I certainly have not seen much in the way of official comment, but I am not a Mac user myself.
Related threads may be of interest, and could contain information or links: