What is the difference between Themes and Personas?
I use Firefox 5.0 (fully updated) with 'rein Das Monochrom'
Additional System Details
- Logitech Device Detection
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Winamp Application Detector
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- DRM Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Personas for Firefox is a feature in the browser Mozilla Firefox that allows a user to select simple-to-use themes, known as "Personas", more easily than normal themes. Persona themes differ from normal themes over the fact that Personas are more basic, easier to create, and easier to install, but are limited to changing the header and the status bar of the browser. They cannot alter the shape or appearance of toolbar items or tabs in the way that normal themes can. In regards to installation, Personas can be installed and activated with one click, while normal theme installations are more complicated and require a browser restart.
mha007 thank you for reply. I understand the difference now. However for me as a pc/firefox layman the difference seems "artificial". I propose that the two processes to personalize FF should be combined. This would be easier and less confusing for the ordinary FF-user, like me. But with no expertise in computer programming, I maybe should not make such an suggestion.
Personas do not theme the whole browser, but only affect the background of the toolbars and possibly the addons bar.
Let me explain it in my terms.
When you use a Persona, only the Appearance of MenuBar and Navigation Toolbar (where you type websites addresses) is changed.
When you use a Theme, the Appearance of the whole Firefox browser (including Menus, Toolbars, ScrollBars, Downloads window, Options window, all other windows, etc.) is changed.
Hope you understood it better now :-P
To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and Sign-in to the
forum with your Username and Password:
click on "Solved It" next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your question
DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply