Why can't I open my Xfinity Connect comcast mail? It shows me what's mail is availble, but can't open it.
I click on an email and it just repeats showing the preview of what's available. I can't access any of the features of the email to compose or check sent messages, etc.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
As soon as I downloaded Firefox
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- TotalRecipeSearch Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
That's really a support issue for Comcast help, but I happen to be a Comcast user, too.
When you are viewing the Inbox Preview page, the first thing that appears after to log into your web mail account, hit the View Entire Inbox link to see your inbox.
I can click on an email on the Inbox Preview to view that particular email, but a double-click just reloads the Inbox Preview page. That seems to work different in "Connect Lite" than it does in the default "Connect".
Thanks for your suggestion, but I also go back to the preview when I click on view entire inbox. I guess I'll contact Comcast. Thx
I have had exactly this same problem on my macbook pro and on my PC using firefox. I contacted Xfinity support and they couldn't fix it. They had me empty my browser history and reset my security settings. I cannot get into my xfinity mailbox through Firefox. I don't have any problem with Safari or internet explorer. I am going to have to give up on Firefox unless someone has a solution.
Modified by cpdavis
What I did was go to Xfinity mail using IE9 then open preferences and change to Xfinity Connect Lite, which is kind of alternative mail service provided by Comcast. I was then able to open the mail using Firefox. I gave up on Firefox anyway because I was getting other error messages related to Java, so I just decided it wasn't worth the trouble.
For your Java problems, see this - Download & Install Java SE on your system
- click Free Java Download button
Using the Java plugin with Firefox
Check and tell if its working.