pictures do not display in my yahoo emails, but they show up if I go to forward the email, since I went to version 5.0 please help, win7
Since I updated to version 5.0 of firefox, 95% of pictures do not display in the body of emails using my yahoo account. If I go to forward the email however I can find them displayed in the forwarding window. I do have all pictures set to display in the ff settings, and have not made any setting changes before or after the update. At first I thought it was the "New" yahoo mail, which I switched to from the "classic", but I cannot switch back. I finally opened my yahoo mail in IE, and the pictures show right up.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
updated to version 5.0
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I have also been experiencing the occasional browser crash, and some screen lockups when in yahoo since the update. I am running windows7.
Well hell, it was the "Accept third-party cookies" option! I have never had that option checked since I have been using Firefox (v1.?) and had no problem with Yahoo Mail.
The pictures do show up in the body of the letter and thumbnails at the bottom of the page. But now when I view the sideshow and close it, the whole webpage has a dark tint to it and can only be removed by closing tab and reopening Yahoo Mail. WTH?