Spell checker not working
Since upgrading to Firefox 5, the spell checker no longer works.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
upgraded to version 5
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
If you are using a version of Firefox other than the English / United States version, you may need to install a spell check dictionary. If you already installed the correct dictionary for your localized version in a previous version of Firefox, maybe it didn't get updated after 5.0.1 was installed.
You can re-install that dictionary from here: