why do I keep having Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/ pop up?
Every time I click on a website, this screen (Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/) pops up. I close it and it pops up again, sometimes 3 or 4 times. I'm sick of it. I have Avira and Malwarebytes and they can't fix it. Is it something peculiar to Firefox. I never had the problem when I had the earlier version of Firefox. Hopefully, you can shed some light on this.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
About a month ago.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
I've tried reloading firefox twice and the problem keeps coming back.
Index of file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.