my hotmail account won't work anymore...
Question my hotmail account won't work anymore, it comes up but when I try to do an action (delete a message) it won't do anything, I've restarted the webpage and updated firefox but it keeps doing the same thing, this was not happening a few days ago
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
Same as above. I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. I can see the basic page, and can get to my profile, but I can't click on any links and have anything happen. IE is fine, but I hate IE. Other apps work fine in Firefox; it's just Hotmail.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Well, Hotmail no longer works with Firefox on my desktop. Strangely enough when I use my iPad to access hotmail I have the same problem if I set the browser to emulate firefox. I have not tried the firefox app for mobile yet. When my iPad is set to appear as mobile (generic) then firefox works. Others at work have all had the same problem (and with Chrome but that is not something I want to use anyway). Some have switched to Opera as a temp solution. Two said whern they disabled silverlight, firefox worked fine. I tried that and it did not. (I have had problems with Silverlight with firefox 10 & 11) I have tried disabling all extensions and plugins and adding one back at a time and so far no luck. My Google account works OK. Any suggestions not only welcome but might be life-savers.
Modified by DorothyK
I am having this problem too, only as of about the 23rd-25th of may dun remember exactly when. I did safe mode first.. than cleared cache and cookies (well all the "clear" options). both tests I had the same problem
I noticed another post suggested disableing foxit reader plugin, This worked for me but, why if safemode disables all addons themes and plugins, would it have not worked in safemode?