Why google search engine has been replaced by imesh.com? How to restore google search engine in Firefox?
'Google Search Engine in Firefox has been replaced by i mesh.com without my consent and knowledge. I have tried all possible way to restore Google search engine in fire fox without any success. Hence I require help to restore Google search engine in Firefox earliest.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
From 11th July 2011 midnight
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Java Plug-in 1.4.1_01 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
No information availalble on troubleshooting
There may be multiple parts to this issue, based on past discussions.
(1) iMesh Media Bar add-on
This add-on may be hijacking your home page and location bar search. If you don't need this toolbar, you can uninstall it using the Windows Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Look for "Media Bar".
After uninstalling, restart Firefox and check here to make sure it's gone:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
(2) Reset your home page
Visit the page you want to be your home page and then check out the methods described in this article: How to set the home page | How to | Firefox Help.
(3) Location bar search
If this was changed, you can change it back to Google using the tips in this thread: How do I get FF4 to use Google's I'm feeling lucky feature? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help.
Does it work?