Can't use Bing search; try to open and get malware block msg. No indication on my Malware Anti-malware program of any amlware.
I believe my Bing software has become corrupt and/or infected with a "virus" or other "malware". My "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program blocks Bing when I try to access it. When I check my anti-malware program for answer as to why the website is blocked, I cannot find any information for the block. How can I correct this problem so that I can use Bing search?
Additional System Details
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
A quick search online suggests that this is caused by malware. See e.g. http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Startnow-com-virus/td-p/482820 for an example of how this affects other browsers too.
Do you have an antivirus/anti-spyware solution? If so, please check your computer for infections. If not, follow the above link -- it looks like it had a few more suggestions.
Good luck and stay safe online!