All of a sudden I cannot watch any videos using Firefox, not even from YouTube. Why?
All of a sudden I cannot watch any videos using Firefox. All I get is a square black box. I can see them if I use Safari. Why isn't my Firefox working? What can I do? Thanks.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Plugin to support AOL Media Playback (XPCOM)
- npmnqmp 071803000001
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.1
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
Why can't I see videos, even the ones on YouTube?
try clear the cache your firefox
Modified by thaianna
Try clearing the Cache in Firefox.
Tools-> Clear Recent History -> [v] Cache
or Firefox->Preferences->Advanced->Network -> Offline storage -> [Clear Now]
Try clearing the Youtube cookie in Firefox->Preferences->Privacy
If that still does not work then try making the youtube url as https://
It is apparently a issue with Youtube as people with other browsers are getting the same. http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?hl=en&tid=3cda4dac122b8f13
Thank you very much. My videos are back this morning. Must've been a Firefox glitch yesterday.
Sure as hell ain't no Youtube problem when i can watch a video on Chrome or Safari.
I cleared the history and the Youtube cookies. Still won't work!