cannot view youtube videos
I was having a problem- I have never had a problem watching videos on youtube. After recently experiencing a problem with Firefox, I went to watch a video and only had a black screen, nothing happening. I searched and searched, and after getting highly annoyed with having to create a gmail account just to do something in youtube, I found the solution to my problem:
I downloaded and uninstalled Adobe Flashplayer like 4 damn times, not sure what else I can do to see if it works or not. If the damn thing says installation complete with no errors, it surely is fine. I finally found a forum post which said to try and put an "s" after http in the address bar, : https....
What the hell is this? Is this a problem with firefox, adobe, or youtuube? I am highly irritated as this kind of fix doesn't make sense.
Additional System Details
- Pando Web Installer
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.0
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Try clearing the Cache in Firefox.
Tools-> Clear Recent History -> [v] Cache
Tools->Options->Advanced->Network -> Offline storage -> [Clear Now]
Believe it or not but that may just be all you need to do. Some people think Youtube may have made some changes.
i did all the instructions above and do not work; on IE, Chrome i can watch videos. But on Firefox always, always got a black screen, a have more of 3 months about it, and i don't know what's going on...