On the FAFSA web page, my updated Firefox browser is incompatible; I need this setup to operate the site: Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x and 3.6.x. Does this mean I need to downgrade? If so, how do I do that?
I talked to an customer service representative of the site and they repeated that I needed those specific browsers. Mine is apparently too advanced to run properly. How do I use the older browser?
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
You can probably use the portable version and then not have to downgrade. :)
check out this topic for more info: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/843197