How do I find my "FAVORITES" since I switched from Internet Explorer?
It appeared as though they were transferred during the transition from Internet Explorer to Firefox but I can't locate them.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.0
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
If you did not have Firefox before your bookmarks would be from Internet Explorer, if you chose IE.
It should have put what was in your bookmark toolbar in IE into your folder "Bookmarks Toolbar" which you can see in the bookmarks sidebar ("Ctrl+B") as one of three major folders -- "Bookmarks Toolbar", "Bookmarks Menu", and "Unsorted Bookmarks". You will probably find your favorites separated into each of those three folders.
To make the Bookmarks Toolbar visible on your toolbars use
- "Alt" key to display toolbars temporarily (as in IE)
- View > Toolbars > (checkmark) Bookmarks Toolbar
You can make Firefox 4.0.1 and Firefox 5.0 look like Firefox 3.6.17, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 5.0, or 4.0.1, look like 3.6). -- Picture of before/after changes.
Some addition references to get you started
- Firefox 4 Introduction (Presentation Outline)
- Sorting and rearranging bookmarks - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Viewing the browsing history - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Firefox Customizations (Notes) - extensions
- Firefox and other Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Comparison Table)
Modified by David McRitchie
You can usually find the imported IE Favorites in a folder ("From Internet Explorer") at the bottom of the Bookmarks Menu folder (Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks).
If you can't find them in the "From Internet Explorer" folder then try this:
- Export the favorites in IE to an HTML file (bookmarks.html): File > Import and Export
- Import the HTML file in Firefox: Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import HTML: From File
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_bookmarks ("Import from another browser" and "Import from file")