How do I delete tabs that I saved and no longer want
I don't know how to delete tabs that I saved previously and no longer want. How to I delete them?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
You can usually right click on something and make a choice to delete it.
Saved tabs would I guess loosely include
- Home page -- https://support.mozilla.com/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
- Saved Session windows & tabs -- delete unwanted tabs -- may be instead of home page.
- app-tab -- delete like any other tab
- kind of pushing it but perhaps saving all/selected tabs into a bookmarks folder
I guess it would be app-tabs that you are talking about since the don't leave much room for those who have the tab[x] on each tab.
How to close a tab including an app-tab, some methods
- Ctrl+W will delete the active tab
- double-click on tab using the "Tab Clicking Options" extension
- keep the close button at far right of tabs bar, and use it (see below)
The third method is how you closed tabs prior to Firefox 2 and remains one of the best ways before things were made more complicated with wider tabs, left horizontally scrolling tabs
The setting in about:config for browser.tabs.closeButtons set to 3 to place the tab close button at the far right of the tabs bar.
Mentioned in step #35 in the following
Closing a tab so it is not saved for next session as in "Restore Previous Session" is simply to close the tab. As far as tabs saved in History goes there is limit they will simply roll off.