Attempt to change homepage blocked
I downloaded some free unzip software and it changed my homepage to http://search.jzip.com/ Any attempts I make to change the homepage are blocked. I have deleted the jzip software and uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox, but it has not worked. Any help would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
some free unzip software changed my homepage to http://search.jzip.com/
- homepage defaults to http://search.jzip.com/ and can not be changed | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
Since this is based on the other questions replies, expect this is a more direct answer.
- I cannot remove http://search.jzip.com/ as my startup page? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help
I would also block jzip.com in Adblock Plus if you have the extension.
It worked! That problem was driving me mad, so many thanks for enabling me to resolve it so quickly.
Please click the Solved It button next to the answer that solved your Firefox support issue, it appears when you are logged in, so this thread gets marked as Solved to help other users who may have this same problem.