5.0--Why no title in tabs? Why do they all so "Connecting" instead?
5.0 My tabs all say "Connecting" rather than i.d.ing the site I have tabbed
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
installation of 5.0
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
until your are connected to the page, the title is unknown
If you never get connected it could be a Firewall
I am connected and get to all sites even though tabs now only say "Connected" Until yesterday when I installed 5.0 all my tabs id'd the sites they were.
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.