Firefox 5.0 Cannot select "use custom settings for history" firefox reverts to "remember history" Why? Cannot access my mail inbox. is this a bug or have I done something wrong
pc concerned is running XP home has firefox 5.0 I do not know what plugins firefox has
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110121 Firefox/3.5.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
If Firefox shows "Remember History" then that means that all history settings have the default value.
Only if all History settings are default then you see "Firefox will: (Never) Remember History".
"Use custom settings for history" reverts to "(Never) Remember history" if all History and Cookies settings have the default setting.
You see "Use custom settings for history" if at least one of the History or Cookie settings is not the default to make you aware that you made changes.