I've lost google toolbar when i installed firefox 5, and I want it back, with all its advantages. How can i do this, or how do I reinstall the old firefox?
I have just installed firefox 5. I no longer have the google toolbar, with my bookmarks, and all the other features with which i am familiar and which I use. The firefox bookmarks do not transfer from one computer to another. It's dreadful! Tell me how to install the google toolbar, which Firefox is blocking, or tell me how to go back to the previous firefox so that i can have the computer which is useful to me. thank you.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Many users have restored the functionality of Google toolbar by installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter extension. Google needs to test the toolbar in Firefox 5 and change one line of their code to make it compatible with Firefox 5.
Add-on Compatibility Reporter: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/
THANK YOU Helper7677! I downloaded that Add-on and in 30 sec I am back in business!
You are welcome.
So that other users can find solutions to previously asked Firefox support questions, please take a couple of minutes to return to the forum, sign in and click "Solved" next my answer. Thanks.