My Firefox window doesn't look anything like it should. I don't have the Firefox button on the top-left. Is this because I'm using Windows XP?
On the tab that opens when you first install the update (Firefox 5), it shows Firefox looking completely different than what is on my screen. As I stated above, I do not have the orange Firefox button on the top left, and several other features are missing (I'm sure they're in the menus somewhere) from the top of the window. The only clue I can gather as to why this is happening is because I am running Windows XP. Would I be correct in that assumption?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to Firefox 5.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Yes, most of the damages were to Windows 7.
Curious what XP screen shot looks like before customization, I expect everything was rearranged the same.
Here is my before/after my customizations for Windows 7
- fx4toolbars.png (PNG Image, 915x326 pixels)
and my customizations steps 1-10 and the stylish changes (steps 41-46)
You can make Firefox 4.0.1 and Firefox 5.0 look like Firefox 3.6.17, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 look like 3.6)