After downloading the current version of Firefox, my "Favorites" button disappeared - what do I do?
How do I recover my "Favorites" button with all my (150 to 200) websites within it?
Thank you. Brian Hurt
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Was it the regular Firefox Bookmarks menu or button, or was it on an add-on toolbar, such as Yahoo or Google toolbar?
I suspect you were using an extension, which is not compatible with Firefox 5.
You can try this extension to override compatibility issues,
Thank you for offering your help. It is the "Favorites" button at the top of the stock Firefox page along with "File" / "Edit" / "View" / "History", etc.
Thank you Gryllida for your assistance. I went to the link you suggested and it did restore the "Favorites" button at the top of the stage, although the 150 to 200 links that were stored there are still missing. Any way you know of to get them back?
Please try downgrading and see if that works.