My downloads window won't open
Hi, I updated my Mac to Firefox 5.9. from time to time I download files. When I go to the window tab in Firefox 5.0 and attempt to click on the downloads window it doesn't appear at all. I tires going through all of the articles on your help section , changed preferences, switched to safemode and reset all of my preferences,etc. Nothing seems to fix it. I'm really disappointed because my older version of Firefox was handling the job just fine. I want to get back to a full functioning web browser. Please let me know what I can do to get this up and running properly.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
when I updated to 5.0
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Version 22.214.171.1248
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Make sure you don't have another Firefox dialog box open somewhere, then use Ctrl+J (command + J [on a Mac])
Since it is persistent, it is probably corrupt localstore.rdf
Take a picture of your toolbars for later reference, then following directions for
- Corrupt localstore.rdf - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Modified by David McRitchie