This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have no icon for printer or home on tool bar
where is the printer icon and the home icon?
All Replies (4)
The Home icon has been moved to the right of the URL/Location/Address bar. You can move/drag it to another location; see below.
A Print icon is provided on the Customize Toolbar window, but is not by default placed on the Toolbar. You can put/drag one there from the Customize Toolbar window; see below.
You need to update the following. The Plugin version(s) shown below was/were submitted with your question and is/are out of date. You should update to avoid known security issues with the version(s) you have installed. Click on "More system info..." to the right of your question to see what was included with your question.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Check your plugin versions on either of the following links':
- Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions
- There are plugin specific testing links available from this page:
- Update Shockwave for Director
- NOTE: this is not the same as Shockwave Flash; this installs the Shockwave Player.
- Use Firefox to download and SAVE the installer to your hard drive from the link in the article below (Desktop is a good place so you can find it).
- When the download is complete, exit Firefox (File > Exit)
- locate and double-click in the installer you just downloaded, let the install complete.
- Restart Firefox and check your plugins again.
- Download link and more information: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Shockwave+plugin+with+Firefox
- Update the Flash plugin to the latest version.
- Download and SAVE to your Desktop so you can find the installer later
- If you do not have the current version, click on the "Player Download Center" link on the "Download and information" or "Download Manual installers" below
- After download is complete, exit Firefox
- Click on the installer you just downloaded and install
- Windows 7 and Vista: may need to right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Start Firefox and check your version again or test the installation by going back to the download link below
- Download and information: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Use Firefox to go to the above site to update the Firefox plugin (will also install plugin for most other browsers; except IE)
- Use IE to go to the above site to update the IE ActiveX
- Download Manual installers.
- Note separate links for:
- Plugin for Firefox and most other browsers
- ActiveX for IE
Helper7677 Many thanks for good info. It's a pity that the new browser auto places the 'home' icon on the far right of the Navigation Bar as this is illogical. Button for 'Forwards' 'Backwards' and 'Home' should be logically together as this is intuitive and would be expected.
You are welcome.
So that other users can find solutions to previously asked Firefox support questions, please take a couple of minutes to return to the forum, sign in and click "Solved" next to my FIRST answer. Thanks.
Home is not a button that I use. Supposedly, the placement was based on research and input regarding how users utilize the buttons. Hmmmmm.
the printer icon is not on my "customize apps" section for the toolbar--- how do I get a printer Icon when it is not there to get????