I have attempted to change my home page a number of times but it keeps going back to a Bing/Google search page (set up by eSnips). Where do I got to get rid of this home page that keeps poping up every time I open Firefox?
I had downloaded something from eSnips and likely I missed the "set my home page" check box. So when I opened Firefox, I ended up with this eSnips "Google/ Bing" search page.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Downloaded software from eSnips. I believe it was an update.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
The troublesome extension could be something you can disable in Tools --> Addons --> Extensions panel, then you can restart Firefox and see if anything will change the home page you set.
Modified by Svetlana
the problem is.. I have no idea if it is an add on or which one it is.
You may want to try to disable them all and then re-enable one by one until the issue appears. Please see more details here: Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
Hi. Thanks. I did that last night and isolated the problem and disabled the app. It took awhile to find it. The App is "Personas Interactive" I think it was something to do with themes and colours... what that has to do with iSnips I'm not sure but its gone. I've also deleted the iSnips program. Won't trust them again.
I appreciate the help again thank you.
After trying many of the suggestions found online I found that the only thing that worked was to completely uninstall firefox and re-install it again!
Modified by Unus
There's no need of installing any toolbars or extensions to revert to default Firefox homepage.
Restore the default home page
Check and tell if its working.
Modified by Hasan