History just will not save even on Firefox. Safari works fine and the settings appear to be OK on FF but nothing
My computer (MACBOOKPRO) is not and has not for a year saved yet alone showing history. I need to back track 15 or so pages and nope, can't do; even with visiting settings and prefernces and making sure its all set up to what appears to be correctly? What the hell is going on or what im i doing wrong?
Computer is a 2yrs almost. i have used my MAC after extr. beam radiation, I know thats not "ideal" for it. Safari saves my history just fine yet i prefer Firefox but i cant view anything if I need to go backwards or look it up in the bookmarks menu
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
Not saving History (Tools -> options -> Privacy), make sure you are not clearing in "Settings for Clearing History"
For help working with your bookmarks and history see
- Bookmarks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bookmarks
- Sorting and rearranging bookmarks - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
- Viewing the browsing history - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
You are rather far behind on Firefox updates with Firefox 3.0.4 the current ones are Firefox 3.6.17; and if you have an Intel chip in your Mac OS X 10.5 you can go to Firefox 5
If you do update to Firefox 5: You can make Firefox 4.0.1 and Firefox 5.0 look like Firefox 3.6.17, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 look like 3.6)