how do I remove plugin-container.exe safely and be sure it doesn't return?
plugin-container.exe keeps running in my Windows task manager slowing or sometimes freezing my computer. How do I eliminate this problem? I am running Firefox 4.0.1., which I will have to stay with for now as the update will not accept my Logitech product.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I haven't done anything yet to ensure I get instructions as to how to remove it correctly. According to the troubleshooting information...my question has not been asked yet. So, I have nothing to copy and paste here.
Thank you for the detailed information. I'm confused, however, as to which is the best way to go: leave the plugin-container.exe to keep me from crashing even though it slows ... sometimes freezes ... my computer (especially since I use Adobe Flash; or, disable/remove it and continue with Firefox crashes as I did before the plugin-container.exe was added to Firefox. Such a mind-boggling problem for one who is close to being computer illiterate.