Do I need to uninstall the old Firefox before installing the new version?
I really don't have any problems with Firefox, just trying to find out if it is necessary to uninstall Firefox 4, before installing the new version?
Additional System Details
- BitDefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
no, in fact, it's better to update it instead of installing the new one separately so that you don't loose your bookmarks and such.
To update, open firefox and go to Help and chose About Firefox. you should see an update button there.
Thank you much!
You won't lose any profile data if you uninstall as long as you make sure not to remove personal data while uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an install or reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.