"us-srch-system.com" Google Hijacker
I have a similar problem that happens when ever I do a search in Google, when I click on a link, down the lower-left is says "us-srch-system.com" you taken to a bunch of different web sites, of course they have nothing to do with your search. I've looked high and low on the net, ans so far I CAN'T believe no one else has the same Hijacker.
All I know is this, if I disable Java Script, the problem is gone, but now-a-days who want to run a browser without Java.
I guess what really pisses me off is, that neither Google of Mozilla have a fix, and you think these companies wold know their own products, and be able to help people with hijackers that are synonymous to their own products.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
its using Java or working through Java script
From what I understand, it's a new malware that was created on the 12th. One of my offices where I work at has this malware. I don't think there's going to be a real solution to removing it as of now since it's so new but I did find some info online:
If I had a chance to get my paws on that office computer, I would try out everything I know to remove that malware.
I guess you have solved this problem now. I was hit by this browser hijacker yesterday and I can 't figure out how to fix it so far. It seems to be very stubborn as all kinds of security software won't work. I found a manual removal post here:http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-manually-remove-us-srch-system-com-google-redirection-virus/ But I am not very good at computer so I am not sure whether I can do that.
I happened to find your post. Is it possible for you to share your experience about how you solved the problem finally? Thank you in advance!
Modified by Lary_Smith