On my computer Mozilla's default searcher is Yahoo, while on another computer Mozilla's default searcher is Google. How could I make Google be Mozilla's default searcher on my computer too?
When I open the default web site of Firefox on my computer, and write something, it searches according to Yahoo. There is another computer on which if I write something on the default web site of Firefox, it searches according to Google. I want the default web site of Firefox to search according to Google on my computer too. I tried to change my default searcher many ways, but I did not manage. Yahoo is ineradicable! I cancelled my Firefox, and downloaded again, but the default searcher remained Yahoo. What could I do to get free of Yahoo?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Not longer than one year ago.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
For Location bar search, see here:
For Search bar search, see here:
thank you very much for your message, but sorrowly it was not helpful to me. I did what you suggested: I reset my keyword.URL and chose Google as my search engine, but nothing has changed. Do you have another idea?
With best regards
Please try to create a new Firefox profile and check for the issue there.