where is the refresh button now in this new version?
I finally succumbed and downloaded firefox 4. Now I don;t have a refresh button . . . .
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
i downloaded firefox 4
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
using mac book pro os 10,something
Firefox 4.0 has a combined Reload, Stop, & Go button that appears at the right end of the location bar. Only one function is ever active at any one time, so combining them save UI space was a good idea. When a page is loading, it is a "Stop" button, when it finished loading, it turns into a "Reload" button, and when you start to type something into the Location bar it turns into a "Go" button.
To restore the Firefox 3 appearance you can use these steps:
- Open the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window or right-click a vacant area on a Toolbar, except fot the Bookmarks Toolbar.
- Then drag'n'drop the Reload and Stop buttons to their previous position at the left side of the Location bar.
- Set the order to "Reload - Stop" to get a combined "Reload/Stop" button.
- Or "Reload - Stop" then put a flexible space in between the two to prevent the buttons from combining.
- Set the order to "Stop - Reload" to separate them and get two distinct buttons.
I can't find a refresh in this new version and I have Firefox 5. I can't even believe it isn't in there....!!
Modified by bjulia4726