firefox 3 says I no longer have protection against online attacks
firefox 3.6.13 says I no longer have protection against online attacks. Version 4 will not run because I don't have "enough previledges for some itms.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8
can't find relevant information to this problem in Help or Troubleshooting information
The Firefox 3.5.x branch has reached end-of-life and is no longer maintained.
You will no longer receive security updates.
You can update Firefox via "Help > Check for Updates" or download and install the latest Firefox 3.6.x or 4.0.x version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.