my firefox start page-- Urgent..... I down loaded the new version, I still get the urgent message
First off, I'm NOT a computer guy! My firefox starting page as a message under the search box: It states--- URGENT! Your version of Firefox is no longer protected against online attacks. Get the upgrade - it’s fast and free!
So, I clicked on the link to download the new version, I saved the file and I still get that message, how do I make my laptop safer?
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
I first noticed it today.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110121 Firefox/3.5.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
My laptop is running very slow today, is this part of the problem?
You need to install the new version.
How do I do that? Like I said, the box asked me if I wanted to save the file and I clicked "yes". Did that download the file? Or do I have to do some more with the saved file?
Locate the Firefox_setup.exe file that you downloaded and double-click it to start the installer.
Okay, thank you, but how do I find this file? I tried to search for it but I don't know where to go. I really appreciate your help.