When I update Firefox I get this message. Not sure what to do. The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.
I was updating to the latest version. Both times I tried to update I got the following:
The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.
Have no clue what to do.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I tried to update
none I know of.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1
If you have problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.