when I open Firefox I get an alert about an unauthorized program "updater.exe". I allow it and then a second window opens up saying "it is strongly recommended that you apply this update for Firefox as soon as possible", but it does not say what the update is. There is a link to view more information about this update, but it does nothing when I click on it.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
3-4 days ago
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.