When I go to download something, the site tells me to install it from the Firefox Download Manager. Where is it? It seems like everytime I download something, it disappears without a trace forever.
I have a Windows based computer. I've tried to download a couple of things, and the Firefox download screen pops up and says it was downloaded, but I can never find where it went to. How do I get to where these things downloaded to so I can install them?
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- thriXXX WebLaunch Plugin simplifies game specific tasks for users
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Itiva Media Accelerator Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Try looking in your "Downloads" folder. That's where I found mine!!
I can't find a folder that says downloads. I found "downloads" in the tool bar, but there's nothing ever on it. It wont even let me use the search function in the lower right corner. And I can't seem to find "downloads" anywhere else either. Not sure where stuff is going.
Start Firefox, click on the Tools menu item, and then click on Downloads.
This should up a Downloads window which shows you all the downloads you've done - you can, however clear the list or remove individual entries.
If you click on an entry in the Downloads list with your right mouse button, a menu will be displayed. Click on "Open containing folder."
This will open Windows Explorer and show the folder where the file was stored when you downloaded.
If you simply want to execute the download, right click and select Open or just double click on the entry.
In the future, when you download something and Firefox displays the folder window, look at where it is pointing. That is where the file will go.