I need to change my user ID on a site and it is stored and types the old one in automatically
I am logging on to a website and I have a user ID that is case sensitive and cannot be changed My home computer keeps putting the first letter in as a capital how do I get it to allow me change it to the correct case and allow me to enter the site- this is a faculty web site Thanks
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.5.15
I'm not sure what is going on but try this.
Open a program which allows you to edit text (on Windows I would suggest NotePad but I don't know what to use on MAC) You want a very simple text editor.
Type your username as you want it.
Highlight it and copy it to the clipboard. Go to the log on page and paste in the name from the clipboard.
Maybe that will work.
All I can think of about the first character becoming an upper case character is that it reminds me of some word processing programs - such as Word or Works - which always assume the first word of a sentence will begin with a capital letter and they change it for you.
I don't know why this would be happening in your case, but that is what it reminds me of.
Is there a spelling add-on or plug-in that might be coming into play here?
I assume that you have no problems at work (you say this is happening on your home computer) so I would begin to look at differences between the two as to software installed, browser add-ons and plug-ins, etc.
Maybe someone at the computer department at the school can help you track this down.
Make sure that you haven't saved Uppercase and Lowercase versions of that name and password.
Remove saved Password(s):
- Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"
Please Remove saved Password(s): Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"'